If you’ve suffered a burn injury due to someone’s carelessness, a burn injury lawyer at the Waldman Legal Group will help you recover damages and get justice.
A Burn Injury Lawyer Is Your Advocate
A severe burn injury can turn your life upside down. These injuries are often horribly painful. They can require long periods of recovery and often leave scarring and physical disfigurement in their wake. You may have to spend a lot of time in the hospital and endure invasive and unpleasant medical procedures. And as you recover and are unable to work, medical and other bills will continue to pile up. You and your family may not know what to do or who to turn to for help.
A burn injury attorney is a professional whose job it is to seek justice for victims of these horrific types of injuries. At the Waldman Legal Group, our lawyers are committed to providing exceptional service to all of our clients. We understand that you are going through an uncertain and difficult time. We will treat you with compassion as we help you navigate the complex legal system.
Call our office today at 713-688-4878 to schedule a free consultation with a burn injuries lawyer.
What Damages Will a Burn Injuries Lawyer Help Me Obtain?
If you have experienced a burn injury and someone else is at fault, you may be able to recover money to cover your losses. The legal word for this is “damages.” Our lawyers will carefully study the facts of your case. We will add up the full amount of your losses and we will fight to win you the maximum amount of money possible. Damages fall into two main categories. Economic damages are your actual monetary losses. Non-economic damages are a little more subjective. You may receive damages for losses including:
- All of your medical expenses. These include hospital bills, medicine, medical devices, therapy and rehabilitation. Everything that you have paid out of pocket.
- Your future medical expenses. Serious burn injuries are not fixed quickly. You may require medical procedures related to your burns for months or years down the road.
- Lost income. If you have experienced a bad burn, you may not be able to work. This means you may not have an income at the time you need it most.
- Loss of earning capacity. If your burn injury is severe enough, you may be out of work for the long term or even permanently.
- Household help. As you recover, you may have to hire people to do things you normally do yourself, like cleaning.
- Pain and suffering. This is meant to compensate you for physical, mental, and emotional pain you’ve suffered as a result of your burn injury.
- Physical impairment or deformity. Some burn injuries result in permanent disability or deformity.
- Loss of quality of life.
- Property loss or repair. For example, if you were burned in a car wreck and your vehicle was damaged, you can receive the money you need to repair or replace it.
How much your case is worth will depend on a number of things. Your Houston burn injury lawyer will have to add up all of your bills and expenses. We will figure out your likely future expenses, and the amount you receive for lost income and loss of earning capacity will be calculated based on how much money you made before your accident.
To discuss your claim and its possible value, call the offices of the Waldman Legal Group to book your free consultation.
How Will a Burn Injury Attorney Figure Out Whether I Have a Case?
Just the fact that you have suffered a burn injury does not mean that you have a legitimate claim for damages. A burn injury is a type of personal injury case. In order to receive compensation, you and your burn injury lawyer must prove a few things.
- We must prove that another party or person had a legal duty to exercise reasonable care.
- We must prove that the party or person failed in their duty to exercise reasonable care.
- We must prove that that failure was the cause of your burn injury.
- We must prove that your injury led to actual losses.
Here are a couple of examples of how this looks in the real world:
Here in Texas, as you surely know, the oil industry is huge. Oilfields and refineries are dangerous workplaces by their very nature. But oil companies have a duty to have certain safety measures in place — and to enforce them. This reduces the chance that workers will be hurt. Sadly, oil producers have been known to skirt safety measures and place profits over employee safety. If a worker is severely burned in a work accident on the oilfield or in a refinery and company negligence caused or contributed to the injury, the worker has a burn injury case.
Burn injuries in a car accident is another scenario we see a lot. If you were hit by a driver who was distracted or disobeying traffic laws, and you were burned in the resulting wreck, you may have a burn injury claim.
Call the offices of the Waldman Legal Group now at 713-688-4878 to discuss the details of your case with a passionate and experienced Houston burn injury lawyer. We offer free initial consultations.
How Will a Houston Burn Injury Attorney Help Me?
After your burn injury, someone (such as your employer or an insurance company) may try to offer you money. We understand why a victim may be tempted to accept such a payout. You have bills to pay and you may have lost your income. Accepting their first settlement offer is easy money, fast. But it is important to remember that this is not an act of generosity. To the contrary, it is a way for the company to save themselves money. These initial offers are far less than what you may eventually recover with the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer with experience handling similar claims.
- Your lawyer will calculate the full amount of your losses, from medical bills to pain and suffering. We will fight to help you recover every penny.
- Sometimes, more than one party may share responsibility. We will track down everyone who is to blame and hold them to account.
- We will interview witnesses and experts who can support your case.
- We will take care of all of the paperwork, make sure deadlines are met, and handle every detail of your case so you can focus on recovery.
- We will negotiate with the other party or parties on your behalf.
- If we are not able to reach a reasonable settlement through negotiation, we will help you take your burn injury case to court.
Can a Burn Injury Lawyer Help if My Loved One Died from a Burn Injury?
Explosions and fires often cause catastrophic injuries that result in death. When a family loses someone suddenly and unexpectedly, the fallout is terrible on many fronts. As you grieve and attempt to process your loss, you may find yourself in a dire financial position, too. You may have medical bills from your loved one’s treatment before death, and you may be without a needed income.
If you have lost your family member to a burn injury, the lawyers at the Waldman Legal Group can help you file a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party or parties. The damages you may receive in a wrongful death lawsuit include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical expenses (from treatment your loved one received before death)
- Loss of your loved one’s income
- Loss of benefits (for example, health insurance)
- Loss of inheritance — what the deceased likely would have left to the family after a typical lifespan
- Loss of support and services provided by the victim
- Mental anguish and suffering
- Loss of companionship and consortium.
Not every family member can bring a wrongful death lawsuit. Generally spouses, parents, and children are eligible. To understand if you have a viable claim, please call us now.
Call a Houston Burn Injuries Lawyer at the Waldman Legal Group
The attorneys at the Waldman Legal Group have years of experience representing burn injury victims. We have won big for a variety of clients who have suffered severe burns due to another party’s negligence. (*Past results are never a guarantee of a future outcome.) A few examples of people we’ve helped are:
- People who have been burned in motor vehicle accidents
- Workers burned in oilfields and refineries
- Employees burned at other workplaces
- Consumers burned by a defective product.
We have a thorough understanding of the law and the complexity of burn injury cases. Whether you or your family member has been hurt by an explosion on a construction site, a fiery car wreck, or improperly stored chemicals in a refinery, we will aggressively pursue justice on your behalf. We will track down all parties who bear responsibility. We will interview every witness and expert who can support your claim. We will negotiate hard with big insurance and not accept less money than your injuries warrant. And, if necessary, we will help you take your case to court.
Call us today at 713-688-4878 to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys. If we decide to take on your case, we will not get paid unless you do.