Steve Waldman is a lifelong Texan, and has practiced personal injury trial law since 1980. He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1986. Since 2011, he has been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Texas Super Lawyer and has been rated A/V (highest rating for skill and ethics by his peers and the judiciary) by Martindale-Hubbell for over 25 years.
Steve formed Waldman Legal Group PLLC in 2015, with the goal of providing quality legal services to both Spanish-speaking and English-speaking clients. As the grandson of immigrants, Steve spent his youth hearing stories of how his grandparents struggled to come to America and adapt to a new culture and language. Steve believes America is a nation of immigrants, and he keeps the experiences of his grandparents in his heart when representing people from other countries or cultures.
Steve is also the son of a trial lawyer, and he was raised to believe that a lawyer’s duty is to protect individuals, and not to serve the interests of large corporations or insurance companies. Working men and women have made up the majority of Steve’s clients over the years, but Steve has also learned that even people with good jobs cannot stand alone against the resources of giant corporations. Fortunately, the law provides people with access to the courts, where even a single individual can stand up to the largest company, and Steve always wants to be the lawyer taking on that fight.
Steve serves as lead attorney for personal injury and wrongful death cases involving:
- Trucking accidents
- Oilfield accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Construction accidents
- Chemical explosions
- Automobile accidents
- Premises liability
- Medical and hospital negligence
- Product liability
- Small aircraft accidents
- Maritime/offshore injuries
- Lack of security
Steve has extensive litigation experience, and has tried cases in state and federal courts, and has advocated for clients in all stages of litigation, including mediation and arbitration. He has been involved in numerous substantial damage recoveries that covered a broad range of circumstances. A small sampling of those include:
- Commercial van-pedestrian wrongful death case where the van’s driver was shown to have failed his DOT-required physical due to untreated hypertension
- Electrocution brain injury of a warehouse worker required to work on an unshielded man lift, resulting in profound permanent disability
- Crush death of a heavy wrecker operator attempting to lift a box trailer that had been shipped from Dubai with false weight documentation
- Death of a warehouse worker who fell through an improperly covered, unmarked floor opening in a feed mill under construction
- Cardiac death resulting from improper anesthesia care during shoulder surgery, when patient was intubated into the esophagus instead of the trachea
- Bowel (colon) injury caused by rectal cancer surgery where incision was made over 15 inches above the site of the tumor
- Severe burns suffered by a student pilot from a crash caused by an improperly serviced aircraft
- Shoulder fusion suffered by an offshore worker required to work on a state-of-the-art deep water drill ship, utilizing a deck extension platform with 18th century technology designed by an “engineer” with a “PhD” from an internet-based “university”
Steve was born in Beaumont and graduated from Forest Park (now West Brook) High School in 1974. He completed a Bachelor of Arts with High Honors at The University of Texas at Austin in 1977, and a Doctor of Jurisprudence from The University of Texas School of Law in 1980. He was licensed by the Supreme Court of Texas that same year and is a member of:
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
Steve served on the Board of Directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association (2009-2012), and chaired the CLE committee of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association (2011).
He is also a life member of the 100 Club of Houston and the Longhorn Foundation, and has been a frequent contributor to the TIRR (The Institute for Research and Rehabilitation) Foundation, Houston Food Bank, American Red Cross, and the Institute for Sustainable Peace.
Steve is active in religious, community, and charitable activities. He is a past member of the Board of Directors of the Anti-Defamation League Southwest Region, and a past member of the Board of Trustees of Congregation Beth Yeshurun. He has worked extensively as a volunteer in the area of security for those organizations.
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (since 1986)
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals – 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The University of Texas at Austin – B.A. with High Honors (1977)
- The University of Texas at Austin School of Law – J.D. (1980)